[osgi-dev] How to get up to speed on OSGi?

BJ Hargrave hargrave at us.ibm.com
Sat Feb 23 21:16:34 EST 2008

For a consultant, you can try several:

Peter Kriens http://www.aqute.biz
Neil Bartlett http://neilbartlett.name/blog/
Jayway Malaysia http://malaysia.jayway.net/

See also http://www.osgi.org/Links/Training,
http://4enterprise.org/consulting.html
--

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave at us.ibm.com

office: +1 386 848 1781
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

From:
"Duncan Child" <duncan.child at gmail.com>
To:
osgi-dev at www2.osgi.org
Date:
2008-02-23 18:44
Subject:
[osgi-dev] How to get up to speed on OSGi?

Hello,

We have started to look at OSGi because we urgently need an improved
plugin approach for our application. We also hope that modularizing
our architecture will help us to move faster in future.

I have been working through tutorials and reading docs for the past
week. But I don't know enough yet to envisage how I would architect an
application in it. And I don't have a clear idea of how to move an
existing, small but complicated application into OSGi.

I plan to keep improving my understanding and am thinking about going
to OSGi Dev Con. Can anyone recommend a consultant who could help us
more quickly develop a prototype? If we do use OSGi then we would
probably also want a training course for our developers in Houston,
TX.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Duncan
OSGi Developer Mail List