[osgi-dev] help wanted about loading image files

Xi Jiarong XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg
Wed Oct 17 23:07:55 EDT 2007

Hi, everybody.
I am puzzled about how to build a *.jar bundle with some images located
inside this *.jar bundle file.

Now, I am using as below:
public ImageIcon imagebg = new
ImageIcon(getClass().getResource("background.gif"));
I put the image file background.gif in the class file folder
/bin/background.gif, the same folder with other *.classs files.
and run this bundle via eclipse's Equinox, and can show the background
image successfully.

But, if I export it as another single *.jar file, then run it in
knopflerfish, then this jar file even can't be installed successfully in
knopflerfis osgi framwork.
What's wrong with this?
How to solve this problem and let it run and show this image successfully
in knopflerfish?

Thansk in advances!
hope to get your help!

Best Regards!