[osgi-dev] Finding Localization Entries

Alan Cabrera adc at toolazydogs.com
Tue Oct 2 11:43:37 EDT 2007

My humble thoughts:

Like any good work of art it is hard to know when enough is enough
and it's time to leave the piece as it is.  I am worried that what
was once a clean and elegant spec will become muddied to support
features that, imo, tools should have taken the burden; take required
bundles for example.

I'm not aware of the compelling use cases that call for an extension
to the number of hosts for a fragment but can think of one, again
imo, not so compelling one.  This being the patching of a set of
bundles with one fragment.  I'm happy to go into detail as to why I
think poorly of this use case if it is the impetus for adding this
extension and if this is the appropriate forum.

About PackageAdmin.getHosts(), I assume that for the moment it should
always return a single host.  Just curious, was there a reason to
have it still return an array and not a scalar in light of the
current cardinality between host and fragment?

Is there a way for me to know what's in the pipeline so that I may
put in my 2 cents?

Regards,
Alan