AW: [osgi-dev] Corba from within bundles?

Sayegh, Andreas Andreas.Sayegh at t-systems.com
Wed Jan 3 03:36:25 EST 2007

Johan, all,

we have used CORBA in OSGi bundles, both invoking remote operations and implementing a server. Client processing is quite straight forward, as long as you're not talking about J2EE/CORBA combination where dynamic class loading is required. Implementing a CORBA server in an OSGi bundle takes some more efforts, but still works. E. g. you have to invoke something like orb.run() in a separate thread.

However, I would not recommend to use the standard Java implementation of CORBA, we had severe "memory leak" problems (means that this implementation hold references to objects that are no longer used and not accessible from your application). We have used Visibroker instead.

Do you have any specific issues?

Kind regards,
--
Andreas Sayegh