[osgi-dev] Unit testing

Peter Kriens Peter.Kriens at aQute.biz
Thu Nov 9 04:40:13 EST 2006

You make it sound like the OSGi is a mighty beast like J2EE. Felix is
only about 250k and Knopflerfish is similar. Starting an OSGi
framework is very quickly in most cases and has less overhead than a
database.

I agree  that unit testing should be just that. Making POJOs is a bit
harder in the beginning but you make much more useful components.
However, in the end you will have to run some tests in a full blown
OSGi context. I prefer to run these tests in a running framework
during developing. We have a tool for OSGi members that makes this
quite easy from within Eclipse or from ant and even a standalone UI.

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens