[osgi-dev] Unit testing

Alex Karasulu aok123 at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 8 17:38:26 EST 2006

Nikunj Mehta wrote:
> How do you combine unit testing with bundle development? Is there a nice
> integration of JUnit and OSGI that is widely used for this?
>
> I find it a particularly thorny issue since both JUnit and OSGI assume
> complete control of the running process, class loading, object
> instantiation, and threads.

This is a main concern of mine as well.  I've brought it up a couple
times at the felix mailing list.

I think there are some ideas floating around about building more of an
integration testing framework that can help test your service within the
confines of OSGi.

Richard Hall had given me a few pointers on similar work over at
Knoplerfish.  He also had some good ideas in the same general direction.

Perhaps others can chime in as well so we can shed more light on this
this issue.  Testing is very important to me.  It's been one of the
major stumbling blocks for me in terms of completely adopting OSGi.

Alex